Saturday, June 16, 2012

Book Review: and Falling, fly

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Title: and Falling, fly
Author: Skyler White
Genre/s: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy

Synopsis: 

In a dark and seedy underground of burned-out rock stars and angels- turned-vampires, a revolutionary neuroscientist and a fallen angel must pit medicine against mythology in an attempt to erase their tortured pasts...but at what cost?


Olivia, vampire and fallen angel of desire, is hopeless...and damned. Since the fall from Eden, she has hungered for love, but fed only on desire. Dominic O'Shaughnessy is a neuroscientist plagued by impossible visions. When his research and her despair collide at L'OtelMathillide- a subterranean hell of beauty, demons, and dreams-rationalist and angel unite in a clash of desire and damnation that threatens to destroy them both.



My Thoughts: 

The story of and Falling, fly revolves around Olivia, a fallen angel/vampire who only feeds on desire, and Dominic, a reborn/neuroscientist whose goal is to create a medicine for mental disorders (such as phobia, trauma, etc.) and their quest o find the reason why they exist. This book introduces the idea of vampirism as a type of trauma-inflicted mental disorder that can be cured by erasing that specific experience or memory in the brain.

I love the fusion of science, mythology and folklore. I also love the way it was written, very artistic and poetic, and the comeback are really witty, well-thought out. The only thing that I don’t understand (and I’m still contemplating about it) is how Olivia and Dominic became invisible, how their scent was gone instantly and even the smell of blood from Dominic’s neck is untraceable.

I am really confused when I’ve read that part. It’s like I don’t know what to believe anymore. Dominic disprove that Olivia and the other were real vampires with hard facts and evidences and then suddenly after having sex, she became invisible, have a transparent wings and fly up in the sky. What happened? Did I miss something here?

I finished the book still confused. Reading it was like riding a roller coaster, it has ups and downs and very wobbly but still I enjoyed the ride.


Rating: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts about my post. :D

Books for YA! © 2015