Saturday, June 16, 2012

Book Review: Frostbite

Saturday, June 16, 2012
Title: FrostbiteAuthor: Richelle MeadsSeries: Vampire Academy #2Genre/s: Urban Fantasy, Mystery
Synopsis: 

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...


It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.


But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...
My Thoughts

So after I read the Vampire Academy, I was having second thoughts whether to read the next book of not. But I'm glad that I did read it, and man, this is great.

Honestly, I didn't like Rose at first, because she was so annoying, selfish and quite childish at how she handle everything. But here in the second book, she totally changed my first impression of her. She's finally starting to become a real lady. 


I love the new characters that were introduced here. Tasha is the coolest aunt a Moroi kid could ever have. Janine, if it wasn't because of her, Rose will never learn to act mature and responsible. And last but not the list, Adrian. At first, I thought that his a troublemaker, another guy who wants to bring Rose and Lissa down just like Victor. But again I was wrong he's one of the nice guy.


I also love the progress in the relationship of Dimitri and Rose and Lissa and Christian. The only thing I hate is that I cried when Mason died. I hate it when a novel makes me cry. I feel like a wimp or something. 


But nevertheless, this book is now on my fave list. So stoked for the third book.


Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts about my post. :D

Books for YA! © 2015