Sunday, August 19, 2012

Book Review: My Soul to Lose

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Title: My Soul to Lose
Series: Soul Screamers Prequel
Author: Rachel Vincent
Genre/s: Young Adult, Paranormal Fantasy, Romance

Synopsis:

It was supposed to be a fun day, shopping at the mall with her best friend. Then the panic attack started and Kaylee Cavanaugh finds herself screaming, unable to stop. Her secret fears are exposed and it's the worst day of her life.

Until she wakes up in the psychiatric unit.

She tries to convince everyone she's fine--despite the shadows she sees forming around another patient and the urge to scream which comes burbling up again and again. Everyone thinks she's crazy. Everyone except Lydia, that is. Another patient with some special abilities....

My Thought:

I read this book, first of all, because it was just a short read(only 87 pages) and secondly, because I was curious as to what the whole Soul Screamers is all about.

My Soul to Lose is just the right prequel to the series. It has the right amount of information to Kaylee's character and the external and internal conflict she will encounter and solve as the story progresses. I can't say much about the story, though, because it was short but it definitely enthused me to read the series.

It was a great heads-up.

My Rating:




Books for YA! © 2015