Friday, October 26, 2012

ARC Review: Gift

Friday, October 26, 2012

Title: Gift 
Author: Andrea Buchanan
Genre/s: Young Adult, Paranormal Fantasy, Mystery, Romance

Synopsis:

Daisy has an electrifying secret that could save her life—or kill her

High school sophomore Daisy Jones is just trying to get by unnoticed. It doesn’t help that she’s the new girl at school, lives in a trailer park, and doesn’t even own a cell phone. But there’s a good reason for all that: Daisy has a secret, unpredictable power—one only her best friend, Danielle, knows about.


Despite her “gift” (or is it a curse?), Daisy’s doing a good job of fitting in, and a gorgeous senior named Kevin even seems interested in her! But when Daisy tries to help Vivi, a mysterious classmate in a crisis, she soon discovers that her new friend has a secret of her own. Now Daisy and her friends must deal with chilling dreams and messages from the beyond. Can Daisy channel the power she’s always tried to hide, before it’s too late?


 My Thoughts:

The first time I read the synopsis, I was really intrigue by this book. I'm a sucker for mystery and the moment I read that Daisy has an electrifying secret, I immediately requested for it. I just had to know what that is. I was so excited to read this book but as soon as I reached the 100th page, I felt disappointed.

I don't know if it's just me, or that the last books I read are action-packed but I felt bored with this story. The story was slow paced and the dialogues were not interesting enough to read. The only action that I read is Daisy's nightmare about Lily holding a knife. After that, non-stop deliberation again. 

The characters were a little bit dull. Danielle is annoying and quite immature. Mr. Terry is the only one who is not boring in here.  And also, Daisy's electrifying secret wasn't explained thoroughly and the mystery in this book is quite easy for me to foretell so I wasn't really shocked at the ending.

Overall, it's kind of a let down but this are just my opinion. You can read some positive reviews about this on Goodreads.

My Rating
Books for YA! © 2015