Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Title: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Genre/s: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Synopsis:

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?

My Thoughts:

Where was I when this book was released? Why didn't anyone informed me that this kind of book existed? I really hate to be left out when it comes to books, especially if it was as great as this one.

When Anna's father, a well-known novel writer, told her that she will be sent in Paris to study, she wasn't thrilled at all. She doesn't want to leave her friends and family and being sent in Paris felt like she was being punished to a crime that she didn't commit. But after a few days in the City of Lights and after meeting swoon-worthy Entienne St. Clair, she realized that studying abroad wasn't bad after all.

I'm not sure whether my love for this book is because of the fact that this is set in Paris, France or because of the author's great writing or maybe it's all because of Entienne. I don't know, maybe it's the combination of the three. But what I do know, and I'm quite sure about this, is that nothing can surpass this kind of love story. It was that AMAZING!

I can't sum up this book without giving any spoiler so I think, you should just read it for yourself and tell me if I'm wrong for saying all this stuff. I will recommend this for everyone who likes cute love-story and loves the feeling of being in love.


My Rating 
Books for YA! © 2015