Friday, December 28, 2012

Book Review: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Friday, December 28, 2012


Title: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hopkins
Genre/s: Young Adult, Horror, Mystery, Fantasy, Romance

Synopsis:

Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.

There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.

She’s wrong.

My Thoughts:

I haven't read any book that can compare to the insanity that is The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. The suspense was heart-stopping, the romance was amazing and the revelation was mind-blowing. It was all the things I ever wanted in a suspense thriller.

When Mara Dyer woke up in the hospital, she doesn't have any recollection of what happened to her. She didn't know that she's the only survivor in the accident that killed 3 of her friends including her best friend. Mara suffered PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) because of that tragic event and so her family decided to move to Miami, Florida in order for her to forget everything and start anew.

I love everything about this book! Mara Dyer has a wicked sense of humor and I can't help not to laugh with her retorts. And Noah, well, I'll let the quote from this book say what I feel about him.

“What could I say? Noah, despite you being an asshole, or maybe because of it, I'd like to rip off your clothes and have your babies.”

I love the creepiness, the insanity, the love story, the nightmares/memories, the hallucinations, Joseph, Jamie, Daniel, Noah (especially Noah). EVERY-FREAKIN'-THING!

If you love mystery or suspense that will keep you on edge, if you love swoon-worthy guy with British accent, if you love funny heroine with deadly secrets, and if love an awesome mind-blowing read, you should definitely read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. :)


My Rating 

Books for YA! © 2015