Sunday, January 13, 2013

Book Review: Auracle

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Title: Auracle
Author: Gina Rosati
Genre/s: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance

Synopsis:

16 year old Anna Rogan has a secret she's only shared with her best friend, Rei; she can astrally project out of her body, allowing her spirit to explore the world and the far reaches of the universe.

When there's a fatal accident and her classmate Taylor takes over Anna's body, what was an exhilarating distraction from her repressive home life threatens to become a permanent state. Faced with a future trapped in another dimension, Anna turns to Rei for help. Now the two of them must find a way to get Anna back into her body and stop Taylor from accusing an innocent friend of murder. Together Anna and Rei form a plan but it doesn't take into account the deeper feelings that are beginning to grow between them.

My Thoughts:

Astral projection is something you don't hear quite often, that is why when I read the blurb of Auracle about a girl that can separate her spirit from her body, I was immediately intrigued.

I really like Anna's realistically flawed character even if she sometimes annoyed me. She's reckless and stubborn but she tried her best to make up for whatever mistake she made. And she always have Rei to back her up whenever things get out of hand.

Speaking of Rei, he is someone I would love to be best friend with. It's not because of his hotness or the fact that he plays guitar or that he is an straight-A honor student. I like to be his best friend because he cares for his friends so much that he's willing to sacrifice himself just for them. And of course, how can I forget the villainess of this story. What can I say about Taylor? Well, let's see. She's a really effective villain. She made my blood boil to 212 degree Fahrenheit, I'm surprise I didn't spew lava.

The characters were relatable and the plot was super complicated, I didn't know how Anna and Rei could possibly solve that mess. This book tackle a few serious issues like alcoholism, peer pressure, and family problems but other than that, it also talks about friendship, love and trust. Overall, this book was an enjoyable read.

My Rating

Books for YA! © 2015