Sunday, January 06, 2013

Book Review: The Fault in Our Stars

Sunday, January 06, 2013


Title: The Fault in Our Stars
Author: John Green
Genre/s: Young Adult, Contemporary Fiction, Romance

Synopsis:

Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 13, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now.


Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.


Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind.

My Thoughts:

I usually don't write reviews while crying because it tends to ruin the pages of my notebook and it's emotionally-draining to do both. But I guess, there can be some exemptions to that rule and The Fault in Our Stars is definitely one of them.

To be honest, I really don't know how to start this review because I cannot seem to find the right words to sum up the overwhelming impact of this book to me. To describe this book as amazing would be an understatement and the last thing that I want is to defile it's reputation.

My name is Hazel. Augustus Waters was the great sat-crossed love of my life. Ours was an epic love story, and I won't be able to get more than a sentence into it without disappearing into a puddle of tears. Gus knew. Gus knows. I will not tell you our love story, because-like all real love stories-it will die with us, as it should.

I really don't have much to say about this book. Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters is two of the most inspiring characters I had the chance of knowing. The story is brilliant and this book is pure perfection. This is the kind of book that shouldn't be explained, it should be EXPERIENCED.

Definitely a MUST-READ.

My Rating
Books for YA! © 2015