Monday, February 04, 2013

Book Review: Shatter Me

Monday, February 04, 2013


Title: Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1)
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Genre/s: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopia, Fantasy, Romance

Synopsis:

No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.



My Thoughts:

This book is freaking awesome! I know, I shouldn’t be surprise by that fact because almost all the book bloggers I know, love this but dang, I didn’t know that this was jaw-dropping amazing.
Tahereh Mafi’s way of writing and story-telling was really unique. I’ve never read anything as remarkable as this before. From the color of the sky, to the coldness of the floor, even the sound of heartbeats, every word in this book will make you FEEL. You will experience every single thing Juliette is experiencing and I enjoyed every second of it.
“I can shoot a hundred numbers through the chest and watch them bleed decimal points in the palm of my hand. I can rip the numbers off a clock and watch the hour hand tick, tick, tick, its final tock just before I fall asleep. I can suffocate seconds just by holding my breath. I’ve been murdering minutes for hours and no one seems to mind.”
I pity Juliette so much. She never felt love not even from her parents. She was haunted by the guilt from the things she didn’t meant to do. She was haunted by the awful memories she didn’t deserve. And she was burdened by the gift she never wanted in the first place. She was suffering yet she's still holding on. She believed in her principles and she didn’t even think about the life Warner offered her.
“Adam” I try to laugh and my lips trip on a stifled sob. I’d recognize your eyes anywhere in the world.”
Oh Adam, what can I say? It’s already given that you’re hot. I just wish you could show more personality because it was really hard for me to connect to you're character. You kinda feel a bit off sometimes and I don't the reason why. Anyway, you're still great and I like you because you're the only one that cares about Juliette.
Overall, this book was like X-Men in a dystopian setting. Juliette reminds me a lot of Rogue with her ability to suck energy from other people and it was so awesome. So if you love dystopians, mutants and a really badass story then I recommend this book to you. 


My Rating


Books for YA! © 2015