Sunday, March 03, 2013

Book Review: Neverfall

Sunday, March 03, 2013
Title: Neverfall (Everneath #1.5)
Author: Brodi Ashton
Genre/s: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance

Synopsis:

A thrilling new novella from the author of the Everneath series!

Jack is trapped for eternity in the Tunnels while Nikki has managed to evade Cole's grasp . . . for now. But Cole is more desperate than ever to find answers about Nikki, his best chance for taking over the throne of the underworld. How did she survive the Feed? Can Cole find another Forfeit like her who can survive it too?

Cole's quest leads him to the other side of the world, to a mysterious, dangerous society known as the Delphinians, whose price for information might be higher than Cole can pay—a price that could destroy Nikki. But when Cole attempts to steal the answers instead, his mission ends in disaster. Faced with centuries in a Delphinian dungeon, Cole is confronted with questions he's been too scared to ask himself: Is he really obsessed with the throne—or is he obsessed with Nikki? And can she really give him a new beginning as the Everneath's king . . . or will she instead bring about his tragic end?

My Thoughts:

If you read my Everneath review, you would probably know that I'm not much of a fan of Cole. But I still read Neverfall which is in his POV, because I wanted to know what's going on in his mind and I'm also hoping that I would change my mind about his character. Good news is, it did change my mind about him. The bad news is, it's just only a little.

In this novella, Cole went into a quest to find the reason why Nikki survived the Feed. He got himself in trouble with the arch-nemesis of the Everliving and almost cost him his immortal life and pretty face. In the end he found out the secret to Nikki's survival and he also realized something about himself.

Okay, so what I thought about is that, at least Cole made an effort to make some research but he's still thinking about himself and how he can rule the Everneath. He's still selfish alright and he just proved that more when he dragged Nikki's brother into his mess. Well, he kind of redeemed himself but I'm still not impressed with his act of heroism. 

Anyway, the good thing is that I actually learned something from his quest about Nikki and Jack's connection. But Cole is still so far from being my favorite.


My Rating
Books for YA! © 2015