Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Book Review: Hana (Delirium #1.5)

Tuesday, April 09, 2013
Title: Hana (Delirium #1.5)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Genre/s: Young Adult, Dystopia, Science Fiction, Romance

Synopsis:

Lauren Oliver's riveting, original digital story set in the world of her New York Times bestseller Delirium.

The summer before they're supposed to be cured of the ability to love, best friends Lena and Hana begin to drift apart. While Lena shies away from underground music and parties with boys, Hana jumps at her last chance to experience the forbidden. For her, the summer is full of wild music, dancing—and even her first kiss.

But on the surface, Hana must be a model of perfect behavior. She meets her approved match, Fred Hargrove, and glimpses the safe, comfortable life she’ll have with him once they marry. As the date for her cure draws ever closer, Hana desperately misses Lena, wonders how it feels to truly be in love, and is simultaneously terrified of rebelling and of falling into line.

In this digital story that will appeal to fans of Delirium and welcome new admirers to its world, readers will come to understand scenes from Delirium through Hana's perspective. Hana is a touching and revealing look at a life-changing and tumultuous summer.

My Thoughts:

Hana was one of my favorite character in Delirium, she was fearless, adventurous and badass. She listens to illegal music, she always went to parties and she loves to break the rules. But there's a side to Hana that I only saw in this book and it totally changed my perspective of her.

Hana's life was almost "perfect". She was beautiful, smart and rich. She was paired to the mayor's son, Fred, who was handsome and a gentleman and who will probably be the next mayor after his father. But still after all of this, Hana is still breaks the rule and went out to underground parties where she met Steve.

"It's worse than a disease. It's a poison.
And I like it."

Okay, that's where I would end my storytelling about what happened in this book. Hana really surprised me here. I thought in Delirium, she was a strong, carefree and loyal girl but I was totally wrong. I guess, love really changes people.

Now, as I compared what happened to Lena and Hana and Delirium, I realized something. Love will either change you for the better or the worse. It's your choice to pick which side you wanted. Hana picked hers when she said this lines.

"I'm sorry, Lena."


My Rating 

Books for YA! © 2015